America’s Little Helpers
Assisting children of wounded veterans, injured in the global war on terror, to cope, adjust and aspire.
Check back soon for more details on upcoming Group Events!
The mission of “America’s Little Helpers,” similar to the Coalition’s Caregivers Alliance, is to provide the children of wounded and disabled veterans with resources, support, and outlets to help them cope and thrive while living with the effects of their parents mental and physical war wounds. The strongest form of support for these kids is creating opportunities for them to bond and form relationships with other children of wounded veteran families.
As a member, you will enjoy access to the following benefits:
- Intermittent check-in calls with you or your child. Any communication with your child aged 3 years old to age 17 will be through the parents. 18yrs & up will be through the child directly.
- An outlet to have fun and make memories while building relationships with others that understand being a child of a wounded parent
- Monthly email newsletters highlighting current events
- Monthly virtual events
- A variety of online programs
- Skill soft educational programs
- Give an Hour counseling
- Sustained an injury during combat in Operation Iraqi Freedom or Operation Enduring Freedom, Operation New Dawn or in support of those operations in a hostile environment.
- A disability rating assigned by the Department of Defense or the Department of Veterans Affairs of 30 percent or greater from a single, sustained injury.
- Must live in the home of the child or the child must have scheduled visitation with the veteran. Any dependent children of the veteran ages 18-24, including those living outside the veteran’s residence, are also eligible.
Please complete one membership application per child. Upon successful completion of an ALH application, you should receive notification of status within 10 days; if not, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may cancel or update your membership at any time by contacting us at 888-447-2588.
To unsubscribe, email email@example.com.