Programs of Support for Those Who Gave So Much
Since its inception in 2004, the Coalition to Salute America’s Heroes has provided millions of dollars in direct financial aid and support services to thousands of combat-wounded American veterans of the global war on terror.
We are helping these brave men and women and their families rebuild their lives in many ways. For some, it’s by paying overdue bills because the financial strains of transitioning are so overwhelming. For others, it’s access to an online course so they can continue their education or get a better job. And for still others, it may be something as simple as connecting with other veterans facing the same challenges.
If You Need Help Now
If you or a loved one need assistance, please apply online or by e-mail. (See below for eligibility requirements) If you are facing an eviction, a shut-off of utility services or an emergency need due to a natural disaster, or other financial crisis, please call our emergency hotline at 703-291-4605 and choose option 104 to speak with a Case Manager.
The Coalition tries to provide the assistance you need to get your life back on track. To begin, we need you to supply some information to help us better understand your needs. This information will remain strictly confidential, and only be shared with your permission with authorized Coalition partners or organizations that wish to offer assistance.
Are You Eligible?
To be considered for financial aid and other services from the Coalition, applicants must meet the following minimum eligibility requirements:
- An injury sustained during combat in Operation Iraqi Freedom, Operation Enduring Freedom, Operation New Dawn or in support of those operations in a hostile environment;
- A disability rating assigned by the Department of Defense or the Department of Veterans Affairs of 30 percent or greater from a single, sustained injury;
- Currently experiencing severe financial hardship;
- Completion of a Coalition to Salute America’s Heroes aid application and timely submission of supporting documentation as requested; and
- Completion of a phone interview with a Coalition to Salute America’s Heroes case manager.
Please note that while the Coalition wishes we could help all individuals who seek assistance, regrettably we only have limited funds to address the needs of qualified veterans. Therefore, we can only respond to requests based on available resources.
If you feel you meet the requirements, please fill out our online form. The information you provide will be verified, so be as accurate as possible.